For a lot of people, the first thing you will experience in Bangkok (and usually Thailand, and often Asia) is Khao San Road. Khao San Road is one of those strange places which is a tourist attraction simply for being a tourist attraction. It is the world’s first tourist ghetto; a strange melting pot of [...]
Archive | Bangkok RSS feed for this section
So here I am back in Dordrecht. I got back last night and my first order of business was to buy a new laptop, and to give you an idea of how eager I was to get back into blogging, I actually CYCLED through SNOW and ICE to get my hot (or in this case, [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Six years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
In early May I'll be in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In late May I'll be in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Albania and Montenegro.
- Solo female travel: an Australian’s perspective February 7, 2013
- Is ‘expat’ a dirty word? November 25, 2012
- La Tomatina 2012: A photo essay March 3, 2013
- 153 minutes in Luxembourg April 9, 2013
- The stories of the River Kwai January 27, 2013
- View from the Office Days 21-30 May 17, 2013
- The question of Qatar May 9, 2013
- View from the Office Days 11-20 April 29, 2013
- The old Zeeland April 16, 2013
- And the Belgians gave us some silver balls April 11, 2013