Where do I start? I suppose at the beginning. I left Santorini on Monday night on the overnight ferry, which was packed to the rafters. Somehow managed to snag a seat inside for the ride, along with a girl from the hostel that I was with. It’s never good when you realise after talking to [...]
Archive | Greece RSS feed for this section
I have no idea how, but a week has already gone by and tonight I leave Santorini. Yes, tonight – I’ve decided to brave two overnight ferries in three days, I must be mad. There isn’t much to report, except for the fact that this little bunny wasn’t on the cruise ship that sank just [...]
I’m staring out the window and all I can see are cafes, mountains, black sand, Americans and scooters. I’m in Perissa Beach in Santorini, taking a holiday from my holiday. Santorini is everything I expected and more. Everyone warned me that it would be really quiet here as it’s out of season, but it seems [...]
If I ever see a ferry again for the rest of my life it will be too soon. However, I’ll be boarding another one for Santorini in thirty-six hours, so I’m quickly going to have to recover from my Ferry Experience. I suppose I must start at the beginning. This little story begins in a [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Six years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
In early May I'll be in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In late May I'll be in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Albania and Montenegro.
- Solo female travel: an Australian’s perspective February 7, 2013
- Is ‘expat’ a dirty word? November 25, 2012
- 153 minutes in Luxembourg April 9, 2013
- The stories of the River Kwai January 27, 2013
- La Tomatina 2012: A photo essay March 3, 2013
- View from the Office Days 21-30 May 17, 2013
- The question of Qatar May 9, 2013
- View from the Office Days 11-20 April 29, 2013
- The old Zeeland April 16, 2013
- And the Belgians gave us some silver balls April 11, 2013