To say my journey back to London was an adventure is a bit of an understatement. Truly, I am lucky to be here. I have said many times that British Airways and National Express are evil twins. After six hours on a bouncy bus, a three hour long ferry journey with drunken Finns and half [...]
Archive | Finland RSS feed for this section
Well, it was a flying visit to London, after one night I jumped on a plane to Helsinki. No worries about luggage allowances, having to make it out to Stansted… we even ate on the plane. Instead we had to worry about Heathrow, where they of course randomly selected me and I was forced to [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Montenegro, the new Croatia February 2, 2014
- Ostalgie at Lake Balaton April 19, 2014
- 13 photos from England’s south April 17, 2014
- Perfect days in Budapest April 15, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- Stepping foot inside the Hungarian Parliament (and I didn’t even faint) April 9, 2014
- Katrina: I love German words. :) Great post! I'm not as fa...
- SJ @ Chasing the Donkey: Oh what a kind of sad place, I feel bad that there...
- frankaboutcroatia: What a great word - ostalgie! Languages fascinate ...
- Margherita @The Crowded Planet: What a great post. I completely relate to the conc...
- Sammi: So true :)...