Hamam. Onsen. Sauna. Bath. To some, they are words associated with indulgence and luxury. To others though, they are reason for white-knuckled panic. For one main reason. You have to get naked. In public. Most Westerners freak out at the very thought of parading around in nothing but a birthday suit, myself initially included. The [...]
Archive | Estonia RSS feed for this section
Yep, I’m in Estonia. Anyone know where that is? I’m in one of the smallest capitals in Europe, Tallinn. Before coming here, all I knew about Estonia was that it had once won the Eurovision Song Contest and Tallinn is home to English stag nights. Can’t say that that knowledge really does the place justice. [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Six years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
In early May I'll be in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In late May I'll be in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Albania and Montenegro.
- Solo female travel: an Australian’s perspective February 7, 2013
- Is ‘expat’ a dirty word? November 25, 2012
- 153 minutes in Luxembourg April 9, 2013
- La Tomatina 2012: A photo essay March 3, 2013
- The stories of the River Kwai January 27, 2013
- View from the Office Days 21-30 May 17, 2013
- The question of Qatar May 9, 2013
- View from the Office Days 11-20 April 29, 2013
- The old Zeeland April 16, 2013
- And the Belgians gave us some silver balls April 11, 2013