I didn’t drink beer until my first week at university. I was one of those dreaded lolly-drink girls, who then graduated to gin and tonics and cocktails. Beer just wasn’t my style, I had decided early. However, it is mighty hard to go to university and not drink beer. On a pub crawl during O-Week, [...]
Archive | Cambodia RSS feed for this section
We weren’t too happy when we pulled into Phnom Penh. We’d decided to get the extra early bus from Siem Reap, and all our good intentions were dashed when our bus broke down somewhere along the way. Paul then lost the fight that his body had been raging against Asian food, which wasn’t helped by [...]
I hinted in my last post that I’d started to fall a little in love with Cambodia, and she hasn’t yet let me down. It’s pretty easy – the people are lovely, the food is surprisingly tasty, the shopping is excellent and the sights are first-class. Siem Reap is the first place I’ve ever been [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Are favela tours ethical? June 14, 2014
- How much does it cost to go to the World Cup? June 29, 2014
- Bologna: The learned, the fat and the red May 29, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- European beaches kinda stress me out June 10, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Dani: Sammi, I had black squid ink Risotto in Hvar Croat...
- Dani: Caitlyn, a great post. I have spent the last five ...
- Dani: Jack your the only person talking sense on this bl...
- Jeremy Stafford: My question to all of you is: Do you believe the ...
- Gaudi’s city – Portoview magazine: […] http://www.olympicwanderings.com/under-t...