I didn’t drink beer until my first week at university. I was one of those dreaded lolly-drink girls, who then graduated to gin and tonics and cocktails. Beer just wasn’t my style, I had decided early. However, it is mighty hard to go to university and not drink beer. On a pub crawl during O-Week, [...]
Archive | Cambodia RSS feed for this section
We weren’t too happy when we pulled into Phnom Penh. We’d decided to get the extra early bus from Siem Reap, and all our good intentions were dashed when our bus broke down somewhere along the way. Paul then lost the fight that his body had been raging against Asian food, which wasn’t helped by [...]
I hinted in my last post that I’d started to fall a little in love with Cambodia, and she hasn’t yet let me down. It’s pretty easy – the people are lovely, the food is surprisingly tasty, the shopping is excellent and the sights are first-class. Siem Reap is the first place I’ve ever been [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Yay! Caitlyn's back :) if only for a flying visit...
- Mayhem in Mechelen - Olympic Wanderings: […] Flemish city from your seat. Until last ...
- Mayhem in Mechelen - Olympic Wanderings: […] Wednesdays? Who does that? (Ahem, Belgia...
- Alex, Speaking Denglish: Incredible! Sounds like a great opportunity!...
- Catherine: This new job sounds really good, like the best of ...