I didn’t drink beer until my first week at university. I was one of those dreaded lolly-drink girls, who then graduated to gin and tonics and cocktails. Beer just wasn’t my style, I had decided early. However, it is mighty hard to go to university and not drink beer. On a pub crawl during O-Week, [...]
Archive | Cambodia RSS feed for this section
We weren’t too happy when we pulled into Phnom Penh. We’d decided to get the extra early bus from Siem Reap, and all our good intentions were dashed when our bus broke down somewhere along the way. Paul then lost the fight that his body had been raging against Asian food, which wasn’t helped by [...]
I hinted in my last post that I’d started to fall a little in love with Cambodia, and she hasn’t yet let me down. It’s pretty easy – the people are lovely, the food is surprisingly tasty, the shopping is excellent and the sights are first-class. Siem Reap is the first place I’ve ever been [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Don't you think it's the little things that make...
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Do you think you'll go back to Brasil for the Oly...
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': How did you feel about the beach at San Sebastian?...
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Your view photos of Rio are absolutely stunning th...
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil - Olympic Wanderings: […] only been in the last couple of years, w...