Poland has always been high on my must-see list. As it’s a massive country with a completely different culture just hours from my beloved Berlin, it tickled my fancy quite early. And there’s this other thing that I don’t particularly like to reveal as a history nerd… I haven’t really known much about the place. [...]
Archive | October, 2011
I promise that this will be my last post about Berlin. For this year, anyway. It’s now cold in Berlin. Very cold. Especially in the morning, with me announcing to a coach full of Aussies not used to such extremes that congratulations, many of you had just survived your first morning in the minuses. The [...]
It’s been well-documented that I have never been exactly rapt for Paris. Sure, when we do the hour-long intro talk coming in to the city, I do feel a bit of the buzz when I see the glittering lights on the Eiffel Tower. But the buzz is bigger in Berlin, Barcelona and now even Florence. [...]
I know, I know. I have been a terrible blogger of late. But I have my reasons. I have been camping. For two weeks. Those who know me would say that I am not a happy camper. Those who know me well, however, would know that I have a long history of being a camper. [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Beyond the Anne Frank Huis March 29, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Jeremy Stafford: My question to all of you is: Do you believe the ...
- Gaudi’s city – Portoview magazine: […] http://www.olympicwanderings.com/under-t...
- Heather @ Ferreting Out the Fun: I definitely know the feeling. It's sometimes a s...
- Magpie Groupie: Welcome back 'Olympic Wanderings'. Have missed y...
- Cat of Sunshine and Siestas: I am right there with you - far more exciting thin...