I came back to Europe for a few reasons. Paul, yes, more adventures, yes, a job, yes, tick all of those boxes. But very high up on the list was another little teaser – something that kept bobbing up and wouldn’t go away. I needed to make my peace with Belgium. As it’s quite clear [...]
Archive | June, 2011
So, in between all these days off across Europe I actually have a job. It’s not a desk job, not a 9-5 job; it’s about as far as you can possibly get from what could be seen as a ‘normal’ job. Despite my warped sense of direction, questionable fitness levels and total lack of customer [...]
Oh, I love Berlin. I’m happy to say that after plenty of globe-trotting these past few years, Berlin is still perched firmly on top of my favourite cities list. We’re pretty lucky to have our own apartment in Berlin, and when you have your days off there, it actually feels like a break. The apartment, [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- That time I was cranky at Christ the Redeemer July 7, 2014
- A peek at Porto Alegre July 2, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro - Olympic Wanderings: […] I left for Brazil, I debated out loud as...
- Adelina // Pack Me To: Oh it looks so lovely! Not the overcrowded images ...
- Lauren: The beach looks lovely and it does look like the p...
- Darci: This is SO cool! I studied abroad in London in the...
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics - Olympic Wanderings: […] first day in town was rainy and miserabl...