I came back to Europe for a few reasons. Paul, yes, more adventures, yes, a job, yes, tick all of those boxes. But very high up on the list was another little teaser – something that kept bobbing up and wouldn’t go away. I needed to make my peace with Belgium. As it’s quite clear [...]
Archive | June, 2011
So, in between all these days off across Europe I actually have a job. It’s not a desk job, not a 9-5 job; it’s about as far as you can possibly get from what could be seen as a ‘normal’ job. Despite my warped sense of direction, questionable fitness levels and total lack of customer [...]
Oh, I love Berlin. I’m happy to say that after plenty of globe-trotting these past few years, Berlin is still perched firmly on top of my favourite cities list. We’re pretty lucky to have our own apartment in Berlin, and when you have your days off there, it actually feels like a break. The apartment, [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Beyond the Anne Frank Huis March 29, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- The dummies’ guide to the Dutch workplace April 4, 2014
- Celebrating King’s Day in Amsterdam April 26, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Dani: Sammi, I had black squid ink Risotto in Hvar Croat...
- Dani: Caitlyn, a great post. I have spent the last five ...
- Dani: Jack your the only person talking sense on this bl...
- Jeremy Stafford: My question to all of you is: Do you believe the ...
- Gaudi’s city – Portoview magazine: […] http://www.olympicwanderings.com/under-t...