I’ve never warmed to France. That’s not to say that I like it there – it is lovely, and Paris is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but it’s surrounded by countries that I think are just a lot more interesting. You’ve got it wedged in to a corner surrounded by [...]
Archive | April, 2011
I love Spain. I think I’ve definitely gotten that point across on this blog. It’s not one thing but a combination of things – the weather, the food, the people and the fun of trying the language. Plus the added bonuses of the insane festivals that I happen to keep randomly bumping into, the siestas [...]
It was on Tuesday when it hit me. I was kicking back with a glass of red wine in Lake Como, all in the name of research. During our tour guide training trip, four of us had been given the killer task of hunting down the best wining and dining spots in the town, and [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Montenegro, the new Croatia February 2, 2014
- Perfect days in Budapest April 15, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- Stepping foot inside the Hungarian Parliament (and I didn’t even faint) April 9, 2014
- An evening at Budapest’s thermal baths April 7, 2014
- The dummies’ guide to the Dutch workplace April 4, 2014
- Perfect days in Budapest - Olympic Wanderings: […] My love of Berlin knew no bounds from th...
- Ashley @ A Southern Gypsy: Wow, I never even realized how much went into that...
- Adelina | PackMeTo: I've always thought that it would be fun to be a ...
- Lauren: I can totally imagine why you wouldn't want to go...
- Caitlyn: I too am curious to see how I'll go this summer! ...