I’ve never warmed to France. That’s not to say that I like it there – it is lovely, and Paris is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but it’s surrounded by countries that I think are just a lot more interesting. You’ve got it wedged in to a corner surrounded by [...]
Archive | April, 2011
I love Spain. I think I’ve definitely gotten that point across on this blog. It’s not one thing but a combination of things – the weather, the food, the people and the fun of trying the language. Plus the added bonuses of the insane festivals that I happen to keep randomly bumping into, the siestas [...]
It was on Tuesday when it hit me. I was kicking back with a glass of red wine in Lake Como, all in the name of research. During our tour guide training trip, four of us had been given the killer task of hunting down the best wining and dining spots in the town, and [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Are favela tours ethical? June 14, 2014
- How much does it cost to go to the World Cup? June 29, 2014
- Bologna: The learned, the fat and the red May 29, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- European beaches kinda stress me out June 10, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Dani: Sammi, I had black squid ink Risotto in Hvar Croat...
- Dani: Caitlyn, a great post. I have spent the last five ...
- Dani: Jack your the only person talking sense on this bl...
- Jeremy Stafford: My question to all of you is: Do you believe the ...
- Gaudi’s city – Portoview magazine: […] http://www.olympicwanderings.com/under-t...