I cannot feel my feet. One week down in my six-week tour guide training trip, and I am well and truly buggered. I have had seven hours sleep combined over the last two nights and in the past twenty-four hours I have clocked up kilometre after kilometre cycling and walking around Paris. Tomorrow is Switzerland, [...]
Archive | March, 2011
So, as of today, I am officially working again. After almost four months of nonstop holiday, I’m now undertaking training on how to take people on holidays. I started my tour guide training trip in London this morning, so Paul and I decided to make a holiday out of it, naturally, and spent a long [...]
Paul had big plans for February-March. He was going to show me the country, outside the Randstad area (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague). He did warn me though, that there was an illness out there often associated with travelling around the Netherlands to all the different Dutch cities. It’s called Dutch City Fatigue. Thankfully, I didn’t [...]
I am going to break one of my blog rules today. I am going to post pictures. When I’m not wandering around Holland on the weekends, I can be seen here. This is my couch. Here, from 9-5, and increasingly after that too, I study. In ten days time, I start training to be a [...]
I have a confession to make. I am on the email list for the Fanatics. In public, I say that I hate the Fanatics. For a number of reasons: they are cliched, cringe-worthy, don’t seem particularly interested in what they have paid big bucks to attend, and now even have tours to places like Gallipoli. [...]
Ever heard of Limburg? Me neither. It’s that little stretch of land jutting down from the rest of the Netherlands, sandwiched between Belgium and Germany. The Dutch don’t necessarily count them as Dutch per se, and, in turn, Limburgers are Limburgers, full stop. They’ve got their own dialect (which sounds like a completely different language [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Montenegro, the new Croatia February 2, 2014
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Dave: Belgium is a shit hole....
- George Berger: Hallo. I am a Dutch citizen, bornin America, who h...
- Adelina: Wow, this sounds like the ultimate dream job. Cong...
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Yay! Caitlyn's back :) if only for a flying visit...
- Mayhem in Mechelen - Olympic Wanderings: […] Flemish city from your seat. Until last ...