There’s something very, very eerie about an empty airport. Especially an empty Amsterdam Schiphol, one of the largest airports in the world. It’s strange that twice on my travels airports have been disrupted – one man-made (Bangkok), one natural. Thankfully for us, we were the last plane to get into Schiphol before it closed for [...]
Archive | January, 2010
Well, last time I blogged I made a mention of the weather being a sunny 19 degrees. The rain in Spain doesn’t stay mainly on the plain, and it snows in Spain without prejudice as well. After Sevilla, we continued our Moorish adventure to Cordoba, an hour away by the high-speed AVE train. Cordoba is [...]
In 2007, when in Portugal, I had a nice little plan to head to Faro after Lisbon and then catch a train on to Sevilla. It was a nice little plan. But it failed for one reason – the train line from Faro to Spain stops dead at the border. So on my meagre budget, [...]
Morocco has always seemed a bit of a mystery to me. The only Moroccan I can name is Younes el Anouyi, the tennis player that befriended all of Australia after once losing to Pat Rafter, yet all I would hear about Moroccans in general was that they’re ‘invading’ Europe and absorbing all of their social [...]
As we whizzed by on the way to (the fortified city of) Nieuwpoort, the Netherlands (not to be confused with Newport), something caught my eye on the doorstep of a typical Dutch farmhouse. Sitting outside the house was a pair of clogs. To say the least, it summed up my tour of regional Holland. Clogs [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- That time I was cranky at Christ the Redeemer July 7, 2014
- A peek at Porto Alegre July 2, 2014
- Jessica @ Independent Travel Cats: Glad you got to visit your mythical far-flung dest...
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro - Olympic Wanderings: […] I left for Brazil, I debated out loud as...
- Adelina // Pack Me To: Oh it looks so lovely! Not the overcrowded images ...
- Lauren: The beach looks lovely and it does look like the p...
- Darci: This is SO cool! I studied abroad in London in the...