There’s something very, very eerie about an empty airport. Especially an empty Amsterdam Schiphol, one of the largest airports in the world. It’s strange that twice on my travels airports have been disrupted – one man-made (Bangkok), one natural. Thankfully for us, we were the last plane to get into Schiphol before it closed for [...]
Archive | January, 2010
Well, last time I blogged I made a mention of the weather being a sunny 19 degrees. The rain in Spain doesn’t stay mainly on the plain, and it snows in Spain without prejudice as well. After Sevilla, we continued our Moorish adventure to Cordoba, an hour away by the high-speed AVE train. Cordoba is [...]
In 2007, when in Portugal, I had a nice little plan to head to Faro after Lisbon and then catch a train on to Sevilla. It was a nice little plan. But it failed for one reason – the train line from Faro to Spain stops dead at the border. So on my meagre budget, [...]
Morocco has always seemed a bit of a mystery to me. The only Moroccan I can name is Younes el Anouyi, the tennis player that befriended all of Australia after once losing to Pat Rafter, yet all I would hear about Moroccans in general was that they’re ‘invading’ Europe and absorbing all of their social [...]
As we whizzed by on the way to (the fortified city of) Nieuwpoort, the Netherlands (not to be confused with Newport), something caught my eye on the doorstep of a typical Dutch farmhouse. Sitting outside the house was a pair of clogs. To say the least, it summed up my tour of regional Holland. Clogs [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Montenegro, the new Croatia February 2, 2014
- Perfect days in Budapest April 15, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- Stepping foot inside the Hungarian Parliament (and I didn’t even faint) April 9, 2014
- An evening at Budapest’s thermal baths April 7, 2014
- The dummies’ guide to the Dutch workplace April 4, 2014
- Alex, Denglish Speaker: I imagine this was a tough decision but I totally ...
- Corinne: I love all your Bs as well...and I need to spend m...
- Perfect days in Budapest - Olympic Wanderings: […] My love of Berlin knew no bounds from th...
- Ashley @ A Southern Gypsy: Wow, I never even realized how much went into that...
- Adelina | PackMeTo: I've always thought that it would be fun to be a ...