Our last day in Bangkok may not have been particularly unique, but was a good way to finish up a memorable trip. A spot of market shopping, a wander around megamall central in Siam, a few rides on the Skytrain, just as many arguments with tuk tuk drivers, a phad thai, a Singha beer and [...]
Archive | February, 2009
In order to properly visit Thailand, you sort of have to visit three areas. First, there’s big city Bangkok, next you have to take in a bit of island life, and then you have to venture north. In order to hold your head high you probably have to head to the hills, but I haven’t [...]
Sometimes you need a little holiday from your holiday. Santorini did it in Europe, so now it was Ko Phi Phi’s turn in Southeast Asia. Unlike in Europe, this time Ko Phi Phi was planned. We were walking zombies for half our visit to Malaysia, victims of our own “go go go” itinerary. So we [...]
Every time Paul and I arrive in a new country, we classify it into one of two groups – Asia for Beginners, or Asia for the Advanced. Malaysia is at the top of the first group – it is Asia for the Stop-Over. People speak excellent English (it could be confused as being their first [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- Alex, Speaking Denglish: Incredible! Sounds like a great opportunity!...
- Catherine: This new job sounds really good, like the best of ...
- While on holidays in Croatia eat for less than 25 euro a day: […] you started – with a pastry. This time...
- Amanda: Sounds like an awesome gig! I've always wanted to...
- Caitlyn: Cheers Nerissa!...