For the first time in a while, it’s actually been warmer in my destination than my departure city. So I suppose that made coming home a little easier. I haven’t finished with China yet, not even close. But I am happy to leave that to another time. Preferably in the springtime. I’m thinking the Trans-Mongolian [...]
Archive | February, 2008
Happy Lunar New Year from Beijing. We got all excited about our location and headed to Tienamen Square for the midnight celebrations last night, only to find the square empty and being patrolled by scary army people. We constructed a theory that the celebrations had been cancelled due to the fact that millions of Chinese [...]
Woohoo! We’re out of the crazy weather zone! We’re now in Xian, where the temperature may be a balmy -10, but at least here they’re used to it. Their footpaths are wider (so there’s more space for the snow) and the airport is open. So we’re happy. Being stuck in Nanjing wasn’t really a bad [...]
On the surface, we were calm and contented. We looked as if we knew what we were doing, simply turning up at a central station and catching a train two hours down the road to Nanjing. It wasn’t snowing; it was even sunny, almost. But deep down we knew it wasn’t going to be that [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Six years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
In early May I'll be in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In late May I'll be in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Albania and Montenegro.
- Solo female travel: an Australian’s perspective February 7, 2013
- Is ‘expat’ a dirty word? November 25, 2012
- 153 minutes in Luxembourg April 9, 2013
- La Tomatina 2012: A photo essay March 3, 2013
- The stories of the River Kwai January 27, 2013
- View from the Office Days 21-30 May 17, 2013
- The question of Qatar May 9, 2013
- View from the Office Days 11-20 April 29, 2013
- The old Zeeland April 16, 2013
- And the Belgians gave us some silver balls April 11, 2013