For the first time in a while, it’s actually been warmer in my destination than my departure city. So I suppose that made coming home a little easier. I haven’t finished with China yet, not even close. But I am happy to leave that to another time. Preferably in the springtime. I’m thinking the Trans-Mongolian [...]
Archive | February, 2008
Happy Lunar New Year from Beijing. We got all excited about our location and headed to Tienamen Square for the midnight celebrations last night, only to find the square empty and being patrolled by scary army people. We constructed a theory that the celebrations had been cancelled due to the fact that millions of Chinese [...]
Woohoo! We’re out of the crazy weather zone! We’re now in Xian, where the temperature may be a balmy -10, but at least here they’re used to it. Their footpaths are wider (so there’s more space for the snow) and the airport is open. So we’re happy. Being stuck in Nanjing wasn’t really a bad [...]
On the surface, we were calm and contented. We looked as if we knew what we were doing, simply turning up at a central station and catching a train two hours down the road to Nanjing. It wasn’t snowing; it was even sunny, almost. But deep down we knew it wasn’t going to be that [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Beyond the Anne Frank Huis March 29, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Dani: Sammi, I had black squid ink Risotto in Hvar Croat...
- Dani: Caitlyn, a great post. I have spent the last five ...
- Dani: Jack your the only person talking sense on this bl...
- Jeremy Stafford: My question to all of you is: Do you believe the ...
- Gaudi’s city – Portoview magazine: […] http://www.olympicwanderings.com/under-t...