Well, we’re stuck in Shanghai. We thought we were being a little precious and perhaps the the snow wasn’t that bad until our cable was finally reconnected, and CNN was full of stories about the once-in-a-century crazy weather and images of the prime minister apologising to the masses at train stations all over the south [...]
Archive | January, 2008
Well, I’m hoping this is all working as I can’t actually access my own blog from here. I must be a security threat. Well, we made it up the Wall. We were oh-so-proud of ourselves after getting a public bus out to Badaling, but we were in no way prepared for the cold. We encountered [...]
Yes, the Grand Olympic Tour is in full-swing yet again, and here I am at the host city for the 2008 Olympics, Beijing. It took me about a month to get the travel bug again. It would start with skimming through my photos, comparing flight prices on STA Travel, and flicking through Lonely Planet guides [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- That time I was cranky at Christ the Redeemer July 7, 2014
- A peek at Porto Alegre July 2, 2014
- Jessica @ Independent Travel Cats: Glad you got to visit your mythical far-flung dest...
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro - Olympic Wanderings: […] I left for Brazil, I debated out loud as...
- Adelina // Pack Me To: Oh it looks so lovely! Not the overcrowded images ...
- Lauren: The beach looks lovely and it does look like the p...
- Darci: This is SO cool! I studied abroad in London in the...