Well, we’re stuck in Shanghai. We thought we were being a little precious and perhaps the the snow wasn’t that bad until our cable was finally reconnected, and CNN was full of stories about the once-in-a-century crazy weather and images of the prime minister apologising to the masses at train stations all over the south [...]
Archive | January, 2008
Well, I’m hoping this is all working as I can’t actually access my own blog from here. I must be a security threat. Well, we made it up the Wall. We were oh-so-proud of ourselves after getting a public bus out to Badaling, but we were in no way prepared for the cold. We encountered [...]
Yes, the Grand Olympic Tour is in full-swing yet again, and here I am at the host city for the 2008 Olympics, Beijing. It took me about a month to get the travel bug again. It would start with skimming through my photos, comparing flight prices on STA Travel, and flicking through Lonely Planet guides [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Six years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
In early May I'll be in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In late May I'll be in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Albania and Montenegro.
- Solo female travel: an Australian’s perspective February 7, 2013
- Is ‘expat’ a dirty word? November 25, 2012
- 153 minutes in Luxembourg April 9, 2013
- La Tomatina 2012: A photo essay March 3, 2013
- The stories of the River Kwai January 27, 2013
- View from the Office Days 21-30 May 17, 2013
- The question of Qatar May 9, 2013
- View from the Office Days 11-20 April 29, 2013
- The old Zeeland April 16, 2013
- And the Belgians gave us some silver balls April 11, 2013