Well, we’re stuck in Shanghai. We thought we were being a little precious and perhaps the the snow wasn’t that bad until our cable was finally reconnected, and CNN was full of stories about the once-in-a-century crazy weather and images of the prime minister apologising to the masses at train stations all over the south [...]
Archive | January, 2008
Well, I’m hoping this is all working as I can’t actually access my own blog from here. I must be a security threat. Well, we made it up the Wall. We were oh-so-proud of ourselves after getting a public bus out to Badaling, but we were in no way prepared for the cold. We encountered [...]
Yes, the Grand Olympic Tour is in full-swing yet again, and here I am at the host city for the 2008 Olympics, Beijing. It took me about a month to get the travel bug again. It would start with skimming through my photos, comparing flight prices on STA Travel, and flicking through Lonely Planet guides [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Celebrating King’s Day in Amsterdam April 26, 2014
- An overdue visit to Bath May 7, 2014
- Are favela tours ethical? June 14, 2014
- Stonehenge on a whim May 10, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Dani: Sammi, I had black squid ink Risotto in Hvar Croat...
- Dani: Caitlyn, a great post. I have spent the last five ...
- Dani: Jack your the only person talking sense on this bl...
- Jeremy Stafford: My question to all of you is: Do you believe the ...
- Gaudi’s city – Portoview magazine: […] http://www.olympicwanderings.com/under-t...