I think I made a bit of an impact on Vienna. When I was getting my wisdom teeth out in December, I watched many hours of television. On one particular day I was watching Kerri-Anne (I swear there was nothing else on) who was on location in Vienna. I’ve been excited ever since. Vienna is [...]
Archive | May, 2007
So apparently Prague is in Eastern Europe. Well, maybe geographically, but you wouldn’t know it just by walking around the place. When I wrote my first list of all the places that I wanted to go in Europe (it would have taken me eight months) Prague didn’t even make the cut. I sure am glad [...]
Well, I’m not going to Russia on this trip but I think Budapest was as close as I’m going to get (until the Baltics, anyway). I’m all Cold War-ed out, if that’s at all possible. Budapest really grew on me. It reminded me in a lot of ways to Barcelona – it was muggy, the [...]
Less than twenty years ago, when you crossed from Austria to Hungary you were usually crazy, a cocky backpacker or a spy. You weren’t one hundred percent certain that you would be able to get back. However, when I crossed over this morning, the only thing that was different was that I got my first [...]
So glad to be out of Belgium. They don’t make it easy for anyone to get out of there, either. I spied two girls from my dorm at the train station when I was about to board my first train to Nuremburg who had told me that they were off to Cologne. When I asked [...]
So.Belgium. Please do come here if you: Love to be stared at constantly as if you have a scary-looking disease (as was the case in Italy) by absolutely (and I mean absolutely) everyone – and they aren’t at all discreet about it Quite fancy being charged insane amounts of money for a Mother’s Day phone [...]
Yes, this city sure is interesting, I’ll give it that. Bill Bryson sums up Amsterdam (or the Netherlands) pretty well. He says, you know when you’re in an argument and realise halfway through that you’re in the wrong, but keep arguing your side simply for the sake of it? That’s pretty much Amsterdam. I went [...]
I never thought I would get here. I arrived at Stockholm Central Station bright and early yesterday, eager to get the first train to Copenhagen, so I would have a full afternoon of sightseeing. Yeah, well that plan failed. As I was told by the man at the desk, if you want to travel on [...]
Well, I figured out how you get from Berlin to Malmö by train without going through Denmark. It’s pretty cool actually. They put the train on a boat! Apart from that excitement the trip to Stockholm wasn’t all that fun. All of the people in my sleeping compartment turned on me about fifteen minutes into [...]
Still love Berlin, I’m sorry people. Definitely going to sleep on my train tonight to Stockholm (which is actually not going via Denmark, so I’m intrigued as to how we’re getting there). The past two days have been full of more and more history, it’s intoxicating. Yesterday I set off for the 1936 Olympic stadium, [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- That time I was cranky at Christ the Redeemer July 7, 2014
- A peek at Porto Alegre July 2, 2014
- Jessica @ Independent Travel Cats: Glad you got to visit your mythical far-flung dest...
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro - Olympic Wanderings: […] I left for Brazil, I debated out loud as...
- Adelina // Pack Me To: Oh it looks so lovely! Not the overcrowded images ...
- Lauren: The beach looks lovely and it does look like the p...
- Darci: This is SO cool! I studied abroad in London in the...