Move over Barcelona – Berlin has taken over as my new favourite city. I’m a history student. I should have seen it coming. Everywhere you look, there’s history. I walked through a park – there’s an old watchtower. I crossed the road – a neat line of bricks indicates where the Wall once stood. I [...]
Archive | April, 2007
You would not believe the price of Internet cafes the past week, the time I used to type much of this post could buy me five gyros in Greece. So last time I updated this was two countries ago, since then I’ve used another currency and another two languages. Venice was very easy to fall [...]
So what have I been doing of late? Melting, really. It sure is warm here. I sadly said goodbye to Rome on Tuesday, after an action-packed Monday which included visits to Circus Maximus, the Pantheon, the Mouth of Truth, general wandering, and sampling the best gelato and a rival to the best coffee (from the [...]
If you were to visit every church in Rome, one a day, you would need approximately three years to see them all. I love stats, and that’s a pretty good one. Churches definitely are everywhere, as are priests, nuns, pizza shops and… tourists. I have never seen so many tourists in my life, and I’ve [...]
Where do I start? I suppose at the beginning. I left Santorini on Monday night on the overnight ferry, which was packed to the rafters. Somehow managed to snag a seat inside for the ride, along with a girl from the hostel that I was with. It’s never good when you realise after talking to [...]
I have no idea how, but a week has already gone by and tonight I leave Santorini. Yes, tonight – I’ve decided to brave two overnight ferries in three days, I must be mad. There isn’t much to report, except for the fact that this little bunny wasn’t on the cruise ship that sank just [...]
I’m staring out the window and all I can see are cafes, mountains, black sand, Americans and scooters. I’m in Perissa Beach in Santorini, taking a holiday from my holiday. Santorini is everything I expected and more. Everyone warned me that it would be really quiet here as it’s out of season, but it seems [...]
If I ever see a ferry again for the rest of my life it will be too soon. However, I’ll be boarding another one for Santorini in thirty-six hours, so I’m quickly going to have to recover from my Ferry Experience. I suppose I must start at the beginning. This little story begins in a [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Beyond the Anne Frank Huis March 29, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- I’m still here February 2, 2015
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Magpie Groupie: Welcome back 'Olympic Wanderings'. Have missed y...
- Cat of Sunshine and Siestas: I am right there with you - far more exciting thin...
- Denis: You are certainly one busy girl who is seeing so m...
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Welcome back! It's lovely to see you here. I miss...
- Ele: You saw Bamberg!!! An absolute bliss. Trust me,...