First thing I noticed about Tokyo? How quiet it is. Sure, their street signs and advertising styles are loud, but you can hear a pin drop in the middle of Ginza. The trains are quick and silent, where you can’t even use your mobile phone. There is minimal traffic, as everyone’s crowded onto the trains. [...]
Archive | February, 2007
I have a feeling that I’m a bit of a boring traveller. My sister has got an extremely unattractive photo of me reading an info wall on bells at the Bell Tower in Perth. Bells, for God’s sake. (But they were interesting! Some of them came all the way from Buckingham Palace!) So this time [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Getting ready for the Rio Olympics July 15, 2014
- The girl and boy not from Ipanema July 12, 2014
- That time I was cranky at Christ the Redeemer July 7, 2014
- A peek at Porto Alegre July 2, 2014
- Jessica @ Independent Travel Cats: Glad you got to visit your mythical far-flung dest...
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro - Olympic Wanderings: […] I left for Brazil, I debated out loud as...
- Adelina // Pack Me To: Oh it looks so lovely! Not the overcrowded images ...
- Lauren: The beach looks lovely and it does look like the p...
- Darci: This is SO cool! I studied abroad in London in the...