First thing I noticed about Tokyo? How quiet it is. Sure, their street signs and advertising styles are loud, but you can hear a pin drop in the middle of Ginza. The trains are quick and silent, where you can’t even use your mobile phone. There is minimal traffic, as everyone’s crowded onto the trains. [...]
Archive | February, 2007
I have a feeling that I’m a bit of a boring traveller. My sister has got an extremely unattractive photo of me reading an info wall on bells at the Bell Tower in Perth. Bells, for God’s sake. (But they were interesting! Some of them came all the way from Buckingham Palace!) So this time [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- The 8 travel words I HATE May 17, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Montenegro, the new Croatia February 2, 2014
- Mayhem in Mechelen September 16, 2014
- You know when I said I wasn’t tour guiding this year? Um… August 3, 2014
- A little bit of Japan in the middle of Brazil July 28, 2014
- Somewhere in Sao Paulo July 24, 2014
- Far away in Rio de Janeiro July 19, 2014
- Dave: Belgium is a shit hole....
- George Berger: Hallo. I am a Dutch citizen, bornin America, who h...
- Adelina: Wow, this sounds like the ultimate dream job. Cong...
- Sammi Wanderlustin\': Yay! Caitlyn's back :) if only for a flying visit...
- Mayhem in Mechelen - Olympic Wanderings: […] Flemish city from your seat. Until last ...