First thing I noticed about Tokyo? How quiet it is. Sure, their street signs and advertising styles are loud, but you can hear a pin drop in the middle of Ginza. The trains are quick and silent, where you can’t even use your mobile phone. There is minimal traffic, as everyone’s crowded onto the trains. [...]
Archive | February, 2007
I have a feeling that I’m a bit of a boring traveller. My sister has got an extremely unattractive photo of me reading an info wall on bells at the Bell Tower in Perth. Bells, for God’s sake. (But they were interesting! Some of them came all the way from Buckingham Palace!) So this time [...]
I'm Caitlyn, a twenty-something Australian living in the Netherlands. Seven years ago I crammed my life into a backpack affectionately called 'the Beast' and hit the road, anxious to see all the world's Olympic sites. Needless to say, I got a bit distracted along the way. Today I'm a tour guide in Europe, and blog about what I love; travel, sport and food.
- Why I’m not that ‘girl who travels’ January 31, 2014
- I’m going to Brazil for the World Cup! March 9, 2014
- Are free walking tours really free? November 18, 2013
- Believing the hype of Bled March 16, 2014
- Montenegro, the new Croatia February 2, 2014
- Perfect days in Budapest April 15, 2014
- Why I’m not tour guiding this year April 12, 2014
- Stepping foot inside the Hungarian Parliament (and I didn’t even faint) April 9, 2014
- An evening at Budapest’s thermal baths April 7, 2014
- The dummies’ guide to the Dutch workplace April 4, 2014
- Alex, Denglish Speaker: I imagine this was a tough decision but I totally ...
- Corinne: I love all your Bs as well...and I need to spend m...
- Perfect days in Budapest - Olympic Wanderings: […] My love of Berlin knew no bounds from th...
- Ashley @ A Southern Gypsy: Wow, I never even realized how much went into that...
- Adelina | PackMeTo: I've always thought that it would be fun to be a ...